I'm away in Malta at the moment but due to the marvel that is the scheduled post I can give you a virtual wave without even touching my computer. To the two lovely people who have given me awards, I'm really sorry it's taken me so long to get round to doing this post - I do really appreciate you thinking of me.
First up thank you to the charming Kezzie at KezzieAG who passed the One Lovely Blog Award on to me.
I was then really flattered to be one of the recipients of the Sunshine Award from the ever stylish Viviane at Hippiebohoreloaded.
As usual with these things I think I'm supposed to give you some random facts about me and nominate some other bloggers, although I am going to cheat a little and combine the two awards -
- I do excellent impressions of most characters from 'Gavin and Stacey', although I think my Nessa has the edge.
- I've had various nicknames, including PVC and Boots. [No cards with my number have ever appeared in phone boxes]
- My most recent parenting triumph came last week when my 3 old approached a random woman at the swimming baths, and cheerfully informed her "you look like a funny, funny witch!" To be fair, she was wearing black, and had long henna'd hair [we'd just borrowed Room on the Broom from the library]
- I love Tim Minchin and think he's one of the funniest and most intelligent comedians working today. See video below for just one reason.
- I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up...
I'm passing the awards on to the following bloggers - as usual, if they're not your thing, just see it as compliment, no pressure to accept, but if you want to - lovely. I know some people have stopped doing blog awards as they see them as the equivalent of those email chain letters*. I suppose they are, but it's always nice to be appreciated. It's also a chance to find out about blogs you might not otherwise know about.
Pick whichever you don't already have!
15 Coast Road - Seaside and sewing from Wendz
Atomic Betties - Play 'Vintage Hot or Not' with Flo
Jumbles and Pompoms - Love Loo and her jumbley finds
The Vintage Knitter - Many tricks up her sleeve
Ivy Black Chat - She's a lady. And she makes stuff.
Scarlett Loves Elvis - Finally I can return the favour!
Lucy Violet Vintage - Everybody needs a neighbour like Kylie...
Vintage Vixen - A style legend, I don't think she does these things but wanted to give her a nod
Blackbird Has Spoken Go and see what she says
*Tell 5 friends about Faith Hope and Charity Shopping and you will receive good news by the end of the day. Tell 10 friends and lose that last stubborn 1/2 stone you've been trying to shift since Christmas...