********SIGN UP IS NOW CLOSED, ALTHOUGH I NEED ONE MORE PERSON IN THE USA TO TAKE PART. PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP IF YOU'D LIKE TO*********
Oh yes my friends - 'tis the season. Fa la la la la and all that. Ok, it's actually pretty damn far from being the season and we're about to be plunged into our designated week of
British Indian Summer time - but; if you want in for the Christmas swap you'd better sign up now by leaving a comment on this post. I'll leave sign up open until 10th October, and then try and get everyone their partners by 15th Oct so you have two months to shop and send. No-one wants extra stress in the week before Christmas, right?
So, on the whole it seemed to work pretty well last time. We'll keep it to a £12 maximum spend as everyone did brilliantly on that before, and the festive period is expensive enough as it is. As before - if you can do it for less - fantastic. Even so, please do read the rules before you sign up and hopefully no-one will be disappointed. Open to all countries assuming I can find you a partner in the same one!
- Once again, you need to send a minimum of 3 items, maximum of 5 to your swap partner.
- Maximum spend is £12 or equivalent in local currency
- At least one item must be sourced from a charity shop/boot sale/garage sale/jumble or similar
- At least one item should be handmade - it doesn't have to be handmade by you if you're not crafty!
- This time, one item should be a Christmas decoration of some sort
- I had a few enquiries last time as to whether those who didn't blog could take part. Unfortunately, as your posts and online info are all there is for your partner to go on, you will need an active blog (ie updated in the last month or so) to be included. It would be great if you could also do a post on what you received when the swap is complete.
- I will do my best to match you with someone in your neck of the woods, but if I can't find a swap partner in your country - or at least continent - you may have to sit this one out.
If you could spread the word by adding the button to your sidebar (linking to this post), posting or tweeting about it - that would be fab!