As we're now safely past Christmas and I know my swap partner has opened her gifts, I can show you what I found her, as well as the lovely gifts she sent me. My partner this time was Jem at Beautiful Clutter, and she sent me this uber-stylishly wrapped selection of parcels - string, brown paper, luggage labels, maps and an old copy of Little Women had all been pressed into service:
Inside, I found a jolly reindeer tin for my festive bakes, and nesting inside that a beautiful set of vintage shot glasses - I do so love old bar-ware. There was also some Christmas themed socks, a little handmade wooden birdhouse decoration found at Ashbourne market, and a very Luella-esque scarf adorned with prancing ponies from a local boutique. I love it and it's had loads of wear already. Thank you for all my gifts Jem.
Here's what I sent Jem in return:
I did quite well this year and managed to get the vast majority of my gifts second hand.
- Pair of lanterns with star-shaped cut outs - charity shop
- Giant decorative key - Jem loves keys - charity shop
- Earl Grey scented candle - she's a big tea fan - TK Maxx
- 'Pony Stories for girls' and 'Lessons in Ponymastership' vintage books - like me she's a horse lover - vintage market
- Ceramic snowflake decoration - fulfilling 'Christmas song' part of the challenge, Let it Snow - from a VERY posh charity boutique in Berkhamsted, selling new and lovely home-wares but all money going to a local hospice.
- Homemade jar of vegetarian and nut-free mincemeat, for the all important Christmas bakeathon.
My wrapping was rubbish by comparison so I've not included a photo of that!
I'd love it if you could link up any Ta-dah! Tuesday posts on the linky below, and your Christmas Swap posts HERE please, as I know I've missed a lot of them over the holidays.