Minimalist yet cosy. Traditional yet modern.
Bound to get me even weirder blog search stats.
Vegetable suet (1 scoop)
Self Raising Flour (2 scoops)
Sugar (1/2 scoop)
Mixed dried fruit (one scoop)
Milk or vegan alternative such as soya milk (1 and 1/2 scoops approx)
[Will make approximately 3 mini individual puddings, so serves 2 to 3 people depending on greed. I doubled the quantities for the four of us]
- Using one of the cups that you would usually crack an egg into on the poacher, scoop your dry ingredients into a bowl and give a quick mix with a spoon.
- Add sufficient liquid and stir again until the mixture is combined and sticky.
- Grease the cups with some butter/marg/oil and divide the mixture between the cups.
- Add water to the bottom of the poacher, as you would for cooking eggs (so that it doesn't quite touch the bottom of the cups)
- Simmer for approximately 20 minutes until the puddings are cooked through and puffed up. [Make sure the water doesn't boil dry, you may have to add more half way through.]
- Turn out into bowls and serve with golden syrup. [You might prefer custard but I really recommend syrup]
- Bask in domestic goddess glory.
Let me know if you try them and what you think! I will be doing a mini series on quick and easy puddings for Ta-dah! Tuesday - partly cos I need to use up store cupboard and freezer ingredients before we move house, but mainly cos I want an excuse to eat them.